Ignite Springtime The Right WayMarch 15, 2017
Make good use of the warmer weather to come this spring with some outdoor grilling. Cambridge offers pre-packaged gas cooking and grilling components that come fully assembled and are just the editions your backyard needs to make full use of the warmer season. Just imagine the possibilities of having a complete outdoor kitchen in the comfort of your home. Make your house the grilling "spot" that friends and family won't be able to stop talking about with some of these Cambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTec products.
Cambridge offers grill islands that come in several different grades of countertops and stones; the wide selection will provide your yard with the right kind of character you're looking for. Grills can be placed alone on an island or can be added to a Cambridge Outdoor Pizza Oven for the perfect backyard cooking experience. Accessories that Cambridge grills can come with include: under-hood lights for nighttime cooking, rotisserie and warming trays, built in thermometers, grill covers and a slide out grease tray, giving you all the tools needed to become a grill champion this spring. You can add even more heat to your backyard by adding a Cambridge Fire Pit, Fire Table, Fireplace, Pizza Oven, Eternal Flame or H2OnFire appliance this Spring.
Once your grill has been installed, try this recipe to get your grilling season started:
Tuscan Chicken with Grilled Fennel and Onions
• Chicken breasts/thighs
• Freshly ground pepper
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
• Crushed red pepper
• 2 fennel bulbs
• 2 red onions
• 4 medium tomatoes
• 4 minced garlic cloves
• Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
• 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of fennel pollen
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fennel seeds with 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper. Add chicken pieces and coat with the marinade.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add fennel and heat on high for two minutes, and then move fennel to a paper towel to drain. Add onion wedges to the boiling water and blanch for one minute, then drain well. Brush the fennel, onion and tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the fennel slices, tomatoes and onions over high heat until charred and tender, then move them off the grill and wrap them in foil.
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and fennel pollen and then season the dressing with salt and pepper.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill the chicken on high heat and baste with 2 tablespoons of lemon dressing for 12 minutes. Turn the chicken and grill until cooked through.
6. Place the grilled chicken on a platter with the grilled vegetables. Spoon the remaining lemon dressing over the chicken and vegetables and serve.
Recipe courtesy of: Foodandwine.com