4 Drinks You Need to Try Before the First Day of FallSeptember 8, 2017
The end of summer is the perfect time to have a cold drink with friends, before the chilly weather emerges. With a Cambridge Bar Kit, you can entertain guests by making a large variety of mixed drinks. Our Cambridge Bar Kit comes pre-cut and pre-packaged making installation a breeze.
Below are the 4 drinks you need to try on your Cambridge Bar Kit:
1. White Sangria:Ingredients:
• 1 (750-ml) bottle white wine
• 1/2 cup brandy or cognac
• 1/4 cup orange liqueur (recommended: cointreau)
• 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/2 cup club soda
• 1 medium unpeeled orange, sliced
• 1 unpeeled lemon, sliced
1. In a pitcher combine the wine, brandy, orange liqueur & sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Stir in the orange juice and club soda.
3. Add the orange and lemon slices, and chill.
4. Serve over ice.
2. Watermelon-Coconut Cooler:Ingredients:
• 8 cups frozen cubed watermelon
• 8 ounces of lemon vodka
• 7 ounces of simple syrup
• 17.5 ounce can of coconut juice
• watermelon wedges for garnish
1. Blend 8 cups frozen cubed watermelon with 8 ounces lemon vodka.
2. Add 7 ounces of simple syrup.
3. Add a 17.5-ounce can of coconut juice.
4. Pour and serve with a watermelon wedge.
3. Mermaid Lemonade (Serves 4)Ingredients:
• 2 cups ice
• 1/4 cup blue curacao
• 1 cup white rum
• 2 cups lemonade
• 4 lemon slices for garnish
• 8 cherries for garnish
• 4 paper umbrellas
1. Add ice to four glasses.
2. Add blue curacao, rum and lemonade to each glass.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Skewer a lemon slice and two maraschino cherries on each paper umbrella and garnish.
4. Honeyed Cherry DaiquiriIngredients:
• 8 sweet pitted cherries
• 2 ounces light rum
• 3/4 ounces of lime juice
• A slice of lime for garnish
• 1 tbsp. honey
• dash of bitters
• 1/4 ounces of maraschino liqueur
1. Muddle cherries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until the fruit is broken down and the juices are released.
2. Add rum, lime juice, honey, bitters and maraschino liqueur.
3. Fill with ice and shake until chilled, usually 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Strain into a chilled stemmed glass.
5. Garnish with a slice of lime.
You have your recipes, now gather outside with friends and family to test out these refreshing drinks before the summer time ends!
Recipes and photos courtesy of Ellie Krieger, Food Network, Delish & Country Living