It’s the time of year we've all been waiting for! What better way to cool down this summer than with some refreshing cocktails. Check out these drink recipes from Food and Wine that you can make on your outdoor living bar this summer!
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 3/4 cups blueberries
• 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
• 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
2. In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
3. In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
4. Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
• 1/4 cup mint
• 1 cup Grand Marnier
• 2 peaches, cut into thin wedges
• 1 bottle Viognier
• 1/3 cup water
• 1 mango, chopped
• 1/3 cup sugar
1. In a saucepan, cook the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves
2. Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cold.
3. Stir in the Grand Marnier, Viognier, mango, peaches and mint and serve over ice.
• Salt, for rimming the glass
• 2 1/2 ounces Cucumber-Infused Tequila
• 1 ounce fresh lime juice
• 1 ounce simple syrup (see Note)
• 1 cucumber slice, for garnish
1. Wet the rim of an old-fashioned or margarita glass and dip it in salt. Let stand until dry. Fill the glass with ice.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the Cucumber-Infused Tequila, lime juice and simple syrup and shake until well chilled.
3. Strain the cocktail into the rimmed glass and garnish with the cucumber slice.
For more recipes, visit https://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/summer-drinks