Mums The Word! 2 Ways To Complement Mother Nature's Fall FoliageNovember 17, 2015
By Charles H. Gamarekian
It's decorating time! Below are two ideas for complementing Mother Nature's fall foliage.
- Pumpkins everywhere. Pumpkins are a total staple for outdoor decor.
Here's a tip on how to extend the life of your pumpkins:
- Combine a mild solution of bleach, water and dish soap. (1 gallon of water, 2 tsp. of bleach and a drop of Dawn dish soap)
- Scrub your pumpkins in the solution with a soft brush to remove dirt.
- Dry them thoroughly and coat them with clear spray paint.
Here's a tip on how to get the most out of your mums:
- Choose cultivars according to their bloom times, it also helps to coordinate bloom time with the length of fall in your location
- Garden mums will withstand a light fall frost, but finding the right cultivars will provide the longest possible amount of pleasure