Mums The Word! 2 Ways To Complement Mother Nature's Fall Foliage
November 17, 2015
It''s decorating time! Below are two ideas for complementing Mother Nature''s fall foliage.
- Pumpkins everywhere.
Pumpkins are a total staple for outdoor decor.
Here''s a tip on how to extend the life of your pumpkins:
- Combine a mild solution of bleach, water and dish soap. (1 gallon of water, 2 tsp. of bleach and a drop of Dawn dish soap)
- Scrub your pumpkins in the solution with a soft brush to remove dirt.
- Dry them thoroughly and coat them with clear spray paint.
Mums are the unofficial flower of the fall season.
You can plant them; or, for convenience and mobility, they are also great as potted plants. Consider decorating the outside of the pot with paint or wrap it in burlap to accentuate the decor in your backyard.
Here''s a tip on how to get the most out of your mums:
- Choose cultivars according to their bloom times, it also helps to coordinate bloom time with the length of fall in your location
- Garden mums will withstand a light fall frost, but finding the right cultivars will provide the longest possible amount of pleasure
Photos compliments of: